Hope Community Church
News & Events
Don’t forget Daylight Saving Time ends at 2:00 am, NEXT Sunday, November 1.
Remember to set your clocks back one hour when you go to bed Saturday night, October 31.
Also, this is an excellent time to remember to change the batteries in all your smoke detectors!
Our services are now being streamed live on YouTube and Facebook. If you have any trouble with these services, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Current Series – A Study of Philippians
The Life of Joy and Peace
This Week – “God’s Provision” | Philippians 4:9-13
Sunday, October 25 | 10:00 am | Teaching Pastor Ronnie Stevens
In order to nurture and support the families of HCC, families will be featured each week for us to pray for and encourage.
This week, we will be praying for Dan and Ronetta Colvin, and Brian and Denise Davis.
- Physical safety and well-being
- Mental safety from anxiety
- Direction from leadership
- Spiritual strength
- Healthy friendships
Sunday morning study meets every Sunday morning, 9:00 – 9:45 am. This will be a combined women and men’s class, taught by Josh Parker, on 1st & 2nd Peter. The class will meet weekly in the fellowship hall. Childcare provided.
Wednesday evening studies resume on Wednesday, November 4, meeting every other Wednesday evening, with dinner in the fellowship hall at 6:00 pm and studies in the sanctuary 6:45 – 7:45.
- Bring your own brown bag dinners
- Fellowship Hall will be open at 5:30
- Drinks and Paper goods provided
- Nursery Provided
- Adults – Genesis with Ronnie Stevens. A seven week study on the book of Genesis. All adult groups will be combined and will meet in the sanctuary for social distancing. These sessions will be live-streamed.
- Youth – Current Events Through Scripture. Taught by Wade and Sondra Hinton. Class will meet in the youth building.
- Upper Elementary – The Fruit of the Spirit, taught by Carla Hall.
- Lower Elementary – Taught by Jenna Parker.
October is Elder Nomination month. Josh Parker and Jonathan Bridges will roll off the active session, and you will nominate two replacements.
Nomination packets are available in the back of the sanctuary, or can be mailed upon request to those who aren’t attending live services.
We are excited to have our children’s wing totally secured. It will be open before and after the service, but secured during worship. Parents and children’s workers will be given access codes.
The Fellowship Hall entrance will be locked.
We are in need for additional greeters for Sunday mornings, happy people who love to greet our family and visitors.
Please contact Ronetta Colvin.
Please help us love on the Rendalls by providing meals for them. If you are willing, please contact Mitzi Phillips.
This support group meets in the fellowship hall on Thursdays at 7:00 pm.
Contact Kathryn Gardner for more information.